Toll Excellence Awards
Congratulations to the 2016 Winners!
Administration & Finance
Florida's Turnpike Enterprise
Customer Service & Marketing Outreach
North Carolina Turnpike Authority
The Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency
State Route 241 Wildlife Safety Fence Improvement Project
Harris County Toll Road Authority
Prohibited Vehicle Rapid Alert System (RAS)
Toll Operations, Engineering & Maintenance
Central Florida Expressway Authority
Wrong-Way Driving Pilot Program
National Interstate Tolling Analysis Tool
About the IBTTA Toll Excellence Awards
IBTTA’s Toll Excellence Awards recognize the very best projects and programs the international tolling industry has to offer. Each year, we celebrate IBTTA agency and private sector members whose creative, innovative and positive programs set a new standard of excellence. By providing wide recognition for a job well done, the Toll Excellence Awards speed up the transmission of new ideas and emerging practices throughout the industry and to the driving public.
The Toll Excellence Award Call for Submissions is posted in the late spring of every year. The submission period for the 2016 awards ends on June 27, 2016. Winners will be announced by mid-July and are recognized at the IBTTA Annual Meeting & Exhibition in September. To be eligible for consideration, you must be an IBTTA member. Submissions are accepted via the official application below. Please download the submission guidelines and direct any questions about this program to Wanda Klayman at (202) 659-4620 x 22.
Submissions for 2017 will open in Spring 2017.
There are five categories for Public Sector Members (Toll Agencies) and one category for Private Sector Members.
Public Sector Categories
IBTTA Toll Agency Members can submit projects within the following categories. One award is given for each of the five categories.
- Administration & Finance - projects or programs related to administration, finance, human resources, law, risk management, project procurement, policy and government relations.
- Customer Service, & Marketing Outreach - projects or programs related to communications, marketing, social media, public relations, public outreach, business development and concessions.
- Social Responsibility - projects or programs related to social responsibility, community involvement, environmental mitigation and public education.
- Toll Operations, Maintenance & Engineering - projects or programs related to toll operations, customer service centers, engineering, maintenance, incident management and safety.
- Technology - projects or programs related to electronic toll collection, intelligent transportation systems, information technology, road technology, mobile applications and communication systems.
To be eligible to submit, your organization must be a toll agency active member of IBTTA.
The President's Award is considered the highest honor within the international toll industry.
Private Sector Innovation
Up to three awards will be given to IBTTA Private Sector members who highlight a project or program that has furthered the mission of IBTTA and the tolling industry.
The project or program:
- must demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the industry.
- must provide lessons, strategies and techniques that can be used or adapted in the industry.
- can be a one-time event that reflects a significant contribution to the industry.
To be eligible to submit, your organization must be a current Associate or Sustaining member of IBTTA.